Thursday, February 14, 2008

Five days to go

It's really hard to believe that this pregnancy is almost over. It has really flown by for me! I had my last doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks good. The doctor just gave me an overview of what would happen during the surgery and recovery period, and I had to sign some papers acknowledging the risks associated with surgery. Bryan asked me on the way home whether I was nervous, and I guess I am, a little. I'm not nervous about something going wrong or complications or anything, I think it's more like nervious anticipation since I know when I'm going in and what they're going to do. It's really different than my birth experience with Amelia so it'll be interesting!

So, this weekend we're going to get the house cleaned up and stocked with food and things. I'm also going to try to sleep as much as possible, as this'll be my last chance to do so for quite a while! Bryan's parents are coming up on Monday and will be here to take care of Amelia and see the baby. They'll be here about a week, and then next Saturday my mom will come up for a couple weeks. The last weekend of her stay, my dad will come up and then Mom and Dad will go home together.

The plan for baby day is this; on Tuesday I'll have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am (yikes) and they'll monitor me and get me ready for the surgery, then at 8:30 they'll begin the procedure. Not long after that, we'll have a baby boy! I'll probably be in the OR about an hour and then we'll go to a recovery room for a couple hours, then our private room. I'll be in the hospital until Thursday or Friday, depending on how things go and what we want to do. We'll post updates and pictures as soon as we can...hopefully from the hospital! Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers, and please continue to pray for us this weekend that everything goes well. Next time....baby pictures!

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I hope everything goes well for you guys. We hope the best for you and make sure you don't forget about "big sis"! The jealousy will soon begin....... Of course I was the youngest so I never had that problem!! HA HA HA. Any way, good luck to you all!!

Unknown said...

I hope that all goes well with your delivery. I pray God continues to bless your family. Enjoy your last few days of rest. It is much easier the 2nd time around.

Emily said...

Best wishes on the new little one. I hope all goes well for you and the recovery is quick.