- Amelia got to take a special snack to her class (chocolate chip muffins--it was morning, so I couldn't really do cupcakes or anything)
- Ms. Vicky, her Pre-K teacher, gave her a new book about Clifford the Big Red Dog; Amelia got to wear a birthday crown, and she got to come home with "Ted E.," her class mascot (the kids take turns taking him home each weekend and journaling about his adventures)
- We celebrated early with a bunch of friends at Red Robin. I forgot my camera, which is really too bad because while the staff was singing their "happy birthday" song to Amelia, she had this look on her face the whole time like, "you are so out of tune." It was quite hilarious. Everyone (well our friends that is) came back to our house for cake afterwards.
- Saturday morning Amelia opened presents from family. She began the morning by opening our door at 8:00 a.m. and saying, "Mom, it's my birthday..."
- Three of Amelia's friends came over for Amelia's party, which was Disney Princess-themed. The girls enjoyed the cake (thanks, Sam's Club!) and playing with the presents they brought Amelia (ha!). Then, we all bundled up, strapped everyone into the car (thanks Matt and Jess for the loaner!) and went to...
- ...the Circus! Only one out of the four little girls had been to a circus before. All four had a great time.
It was a fun birthday weekend, and we were all pretty worn out when we got home last night. Amelia had a great time. Here are pictures from our weekend!