Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Grand Finale!

As I posted a few weeks ago, I've been taking cake decorating classes at a local JoAnn's store. Tonight we had our final class of Wilton course #2! During course 2 we made a BUNCH of different flowers, most using royal icing. It is definitely a different animal than buttercream! We saved all the flowers we made over the four weeks for the grand finale cake, which featured the basket-weave and the flowers (oh, and a couple birds). Without further ado, I present...my cake!
I've signed up for another class starting the first week in November: Fondant! I am really excited about learning to work with fondant, as I've never used it before. It seems like you can do so many different things with fondant, and I look forward to experimenting. I'll definitely keep posting pictures!

2 comments:

Ted and Anne said...

Emily, you are a pro! Beautiful job...let me know if you need help eating it, ha! :)

Travel Planner said...

Great Post Now i know what this blog is all about i will include this in my rss feeds regards john jobs in india , india jobs