- Grandma and Grandpa came to visit! We took them to the Toledo Zoo so they could ride the infamous zoo train (Andrew always talks about it!) with us. We loved having them here!
- We celebrated our 10th anniversary! The whole family went on our biannual (every two years, right?) trip to Kauai, and Bryan and I had the treat of going to a different hotel for two nights to have a "real" getaway! The kids especially loved being in the pool this time.
- Andrew finished up his first year at Teddy Bear Daycare. We attended parent night, where each class does a little performance; Andrew's class "sang" and "danced" (intentional quotes, people) to Who Let the Dogs Out, which Andrew happens to LOVE...however, he must've been shell-shocked by the large audience, as he just stood there staring the whole time. He did look stinkin' cute in his accessories, though!
- Amelia finished Kindergarten! She had a wonderful school year and it's amazing to see how much she's grown physically and intellectually in the last nine months.
- I had a great time helping host (and make a cake for!) my dear friend Anne's baby shower. It was such a fun event, and the cake was a hit!
- We said a sad "see ya later" to our dear friends (and the kids' surrogate grandparents) Terry and Paula. We hate that we can't see them often anymore, but are so happy for them that they get to finally move back home, close to their kids, grands and great-grands!
- Anne and I went to see Taylor Swift live in concert. It was a fun, girly time (after we almost missed it because of the crazy traffic and parking!). The funniest thing to me was seeing how many dads were most likely dragged there with their daughers!
- Our cherry tree produced a gigantic load of cherries that we happily picked, used, and froze. Cherry preserves for Christmas!
- We had dear friends in town for 4th of July weekend and went to the Greenfield Village Celebration of America concert. It was fantastic music provided by the Detroit Symphony, beautiful fireworks, and wonderful fellowship! We also had friends over for dinner for the 4th and cooked up a delicious spread, including a homemade cherry pie made with the cherries from our tree!
- We had fun playing in the slip 'n' slide...Andrew's first time at it!
- Our area had the hottest July in 135 years; we had highs above 95 (including one day at 100 with a heat index of 114) for a whole week, which NEVER happens in Michigan. Of course, our air conditioner decided to go out near the end of that week and we couldn't have it fixed for a couple days, so our good friends the Stecks graciously took us in and kept us cool until we could go back home. Thank the Lord for good friends!
- My college roommate (and dear friend) Martha came to visit with her two kids while her husband and my husband were each working out of town for the week. The kids loved playing together, and it was so nice to have another mom to commiserate with! We try to make a point to see each other at least once a year, and we always treasure and look forward to those times.
|This digital slideshow generated with Smilebox|