Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School

Hallelujah! It finally came!!! I was honestly dreading having both kids at home all summer, not knowing how they'd get along with each other every day. Fortunately, they were pretty good and the summer flew by...until the last two weeks! I don't know how many times I've said "it is SO time for school to start" in the last two weeks. I think both kids were just tired of each other, tired of the house and ready for something different (and so was I)! This is a picture of my "school needs to start NOW" face, taken a couple weeks ago:
Today was the first "official" day of school (Amelia had a 1/2 day yesterday, but I was with her the whole time...more of an orientation); Amelia got to ride the bus with her buddy Kennedy, who's starting Kindergarten. They were both excited! After we got Amelia on the bus, I took Andrew to his first day of Preschool. He walked in like he owned the place! I'm so glad it was that easy with both kids. Now I'm sitting in my house, enjoying the sound of silence!!! Hooray for school!


2 comments:

Ted and Anne said...

I know I just saw your kiddos last Saturday...but for some reason, they look MUCH older in these pictures! So cute, glad to hear the school year is off to a great start!

M said...

oh my gosh, emily, i think i might have some photos from high school where you are making that exact face... :) xo - melissa